We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Report a Footpath Issue

Speldhurst Parish Council Report a Footpath Issue

With over fifty public rights-of-way (PROW) in the Parish, there is lots to do to keep footpaths and bridleways in good order. So if you see a path that needs clearing, a broken stile, gate, or any other issue, let us know using the form below. We make minor repairs ourselves, reporting bigger jobs to Kent County Council who work with Landowners and Countryside Wardens to maintain our PROW.

If you are a regular walker you may like to join our team of footpath adopters, who kindly keep an eye on specific footpaths and advise us when repairs are needed. Contact us to find out more.

Footpath Report Form

Thank you for contacting us. If the issue you have reported is a minor one, for example, clearing spot vegetation or replacing waymarker discs, we will deal with it ourselves.

Anything requiring more work will be dealt with in one of two ways. Surface issues, badly overgrown vegetation and broken bridges will be reported to Kent County Council, who will inspect the site and arrange for repair work to be done. Damaged stiles and gates, and fallen trees are the responsibility of the landowner, and we will need to find the relevant owner and ask them to fix the issue. 

Please note that it can take time for the work to be done. If you have reported a footpath issue and have not heard back from us, do get in touch to ask for an update. 

High Weald AONB Free Gate Offer to Landowners

310723 Offer to Landowners File Uploaded: 31 July 2023 286.2 KB